Bethany Primary is an inclusive school community that welcomes all
At Bethany, we foster a network of relationships that draws together staff and students, families, the parish and broader community. The sharing of talents and skills across these relationships is integral to the success of the school and its students.
Open days, school concerts, parent morning teas, and Masses, provide opportunities for families to be a part of school life.
Bethany also offers each member of the school community the opportunity to share, celebrate and grow in their faith.
Parents are encouraged to play an active role in the life of our school. There are many opportunities for parents to assist, and we hope you will be keen to offer your help in one or more of the following areas:
- attending school prayer celebrations and liturgies
- assisting with classroom activities (e.g. Sport, Math/Reading groups etc.) when requested by the teacher
- school library (e.g. covering books)
- supporting school events such as Athletics and Swimming Carnivals
- school excursions, when requested by the teacher
Please note that any contractor or parent volunteer working with the children on a voluntary basis or working on site at the school will be required to sign in. You will also be required to wear the appropriate badge indicating the type of activity being performed, and sign out when leaving the school premises.
We recognise the vital role of parents in the education of their children and their participation in the life of the school. Therefore we aim to:
- reaffirm the partnership in education of the child between parents and the school
- enhance the parents' understanding of directions in curriculum and teaching practice
- support parents in the faith development and moral formation of their children