A balanced education with skills for life
A quality, Catholic education is one that provides more than the basics and allows students to benefit from a wide range of learning experiences.
Our students participate in a number of co-curricular activities, including:
- Maths, English and Science competitions
- Voice of Youth public speaking competition
- Hawkesbury Eisteddfod
- Nepean Zone Creative Arts Festival
- environmental awareness activities, such as Clean Up Australia Day and Stream Watch
In keeping with the school’s Catholic motto of ‘In Christ we Love and Serve’, students at Bethany are involved in various social justice initiatives. The Justice and Fairness for All (JAFFA) committee is a student body that promotes justice within the school, giving them a primary level of responsibility and awareness of injustices in the broader community.
Our students contribute to their local community in meaningful ways, promoting justice and fairness for all. Activities include:
- visits with the elderly
- worm farming
- fundraising for Project Compassion during Lent (Caritas Australia’s major annual fundraising campaign for global aid)
- knitting for Red Cross comfort bears